Refreshing Rhubarb Salad Recipe
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Mayonnaise, fresh mint and additional strawberries, optional
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the rhubarb, water and sugar to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until rhubarb is tender, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in the orange juice and peel.
- 2. Chill until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in strawberries. Pour into a 2-qt. bowl; chill until set. If desired, garnish with a dollop of mayonnaise, mint and strawberries. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 each: 91 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Refreshing Rhubarb Salad
"Easy to make, refreshing tart. We served with cook whip instead of may to bring out the sweetness."