Refreshing Rhubarb Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 cups sliced fresh rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish, combine rhubarb and sugar; toss to combine. Bake, covered, 30-40 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- 2. Place rhubarb mixture in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- 3. Stir lemon juice into rhubarb. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into rhubarb mixture. Transfer to a shallow 1-qt. freezer container. Freeze 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Freeze, covered, overnight or until firm. Yield: about 2-3/4 cups.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 489 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.