No matter where my family is stationed, this rhubarb recipe always makes me think of my parents’ backyard garden in Rochester, New York. —Rachel Garcia, Fort Knox, Kentucky
- 3 cups sliced fresh rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. In an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish, combine rhubarb and sugar; toss to combine. Bake, covered, 30-40 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Place rhubarb mixture in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- Stir lemon juice into rhubarb. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into rhubarb mixture. Transfer to a shallow 1-qt. freezer container. Freeze 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Freeze, covered, overnight or until firm. Yield: about 2-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Rhubarb Ice Cream in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p11
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Refreshing Rhubarb Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review