Refreshing Orange Ice
This sherbet has been part of my family's Thanksgiving tradition for three generations. We eat it along with the rest of the meal...the tangy, creamy flavor complements the turkey and all the trimmings.Carol Lydon, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a saucepan, bring 1 cup water and sugar to a boil, stirring
- frequently. Boil for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Remove
- from the heat; stir in orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and
- remaining water. Transfer to a freezer-proof bowl. Cover and freeze
- until firm.
- Remove from the freezer. Beat until blended. Beat in cream. Cover and
- return to freezer. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 124 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.