Refreshing Lime Tartlets Recipe
Cool and refreshing, lime tarts are a much-requested recipe of family and friends throughout the year. I've even filled the buttery crusts with chocolate pudding.—Jennifer Lester, Billings, Montana
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Whipped cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg yolk. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Divide into four portions.
- 2. Press dough onto the bottoms and up the sides of four ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add the cream, lime juice and peel; stir until blended. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and butter. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Spoon into tart shells.
- 4. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 4 tarts.
1 tart (calculated without whipped cream) equals 792 calories, 51 g fat (32 g saturated fat), 215 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Refreshing Lime Tartlets
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC