- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Whipped cream
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg yolk. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Divide into four portions.
- Press dough onto the bottoms and up the sides of four ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add the cream, lime juice and peel; stir until blended. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and butter. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Spoon into tart shells.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 4 tarts.
Originally published as Lime Tartlets in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p161
Reviews for Refreshing Lime Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2012
"it was liked by everone"