Refreshing Lime Pie Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 cups (24 ounces ) fat-free reduced-sugar key lime pie yogurt or lemon yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 shortbread crust (8 inches)
- 1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. In another bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in boiling water; stir in unflavored gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in yogurt. Chill until partially set. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust. Chill until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 172 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Refreshing Lime Pie
"Where I live we don't have whipped topping/cool whip. Is there a way to make a whipped topping using cream and ..?.. some other ingredients?T-macka"
"This is very simple to make. I've made it with three different flavors of jello-peach is great too. I find it is set enough after the ten minutes in the frig. to mix the cool whip in. It is very fluffy is you do it this way. To further lower fat and calories,I delete the crust and serve in a dish as a quick and easy dessert."