Refreshing Lime Pie
"Everyone can enjoy a fluffy slice of this tart, refreshing pie," says Mildred Baker of Youngstown, Ohio. "This dessert is a real gem for diabetics."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 cups (24 ounces ) fat-free reduced-sugar key lime pie yogurt or lemon yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 shortbread crust (8 inches)
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1
- minute. In another bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in boiling water;
- stir in unflavored gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 10
- Stir in yogurt. Chill until partially set. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into crust. Chill until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 172 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.