- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 cups (24 ounces ) fat-free reduced-sugar key lime pie yogurt or lemon yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 shortbread crust (8 inches)
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. In another bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in boiling water; stir in unflavored gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt. Chill until partially set. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust. Chill until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Refreshing Lime Pie
Sort By :
Where I live we don't have whipped topping/cool whip. Is there a way to make a whipped topping using cream and ..?.. some other ingredients?
This is a great dessert and I love key lime pie -- this is a great alternative. I've been making it since '98 when I first saw it in Taste of Home. I've made it with different gelatins and matching yogurts like Cherry, Strawberry and Peach.
This is very simple to make. I've made it with three different flavors of jello-peach is great too. I find it is set enough after the ten minutes in the frig. to mix the cool whip in. It is very fluffy is you do it this way. To further lower fat and calories,I delete the crust and serve in a dish as a quick and easy dessert.