Refreshing Lemon Pie Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Mint leaves and lemon peel strips, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine milk, lemon juice, grated lemon peel and food coloring if desired; mix until smooth (mixture will begin to thicken). Fold in whipped topping; spoon into crust. Chill until ready to serve. If desired, garnish with mint leaves and lemon peel strips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 347 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Refreshing Lemon Pie
"So quick, simple, and delicious! I took this pie to a work party and it got lots of compliments."
"Quick, easy and delicious!! Nice and light ending to our Father's Day dinner!! Everyone loved it!! Will definitely be putting this one in the "keeper" file!!"
"Easy, very refreshing, instead of graham cracker crust use a regular pie crust, add poppyseeds"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.