Have a little time on your hands, but your family still expects dessert with dinner? This easy-as-pie recipe provides a refreshingly simple solution. You'll appreciate the short list of ingredients-and the even shorter preparation time!
Recommended: 22 Best Summer Pies
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Mint leaves and lemon peel strips, optional
- In a bowl, combine milk, lemon juice, grated lemon peel and food coloring if desired; mix until smooth (mixture will begin to thicken). Fold in whipped topping; spoon into crust. Chill until ready to serve. If desired, garnish with mint leaves and lemon peel strips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Refreshing Lemon Pie in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1996, p5
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Refreshing Lemon Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2014
"Easy, very refreshing, instead of graham cracker crust use a regular pie crust, add poppyseeds"