Refreshing Lemon Pie Recipe
Have a little time on your hands, but your family still expects dessert with dinner? This easy-as-pie recipe provides a refreshingly simple solution. You'll appreciate the short list of ingredients-and the even shorter preparation time!
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Mint leaves and lemon peel strips, optional
- In a bowl, combine milk, lemon juice, grated lemon peel and food coloring if desired; mix until smooth (mixture will begin to thicken). Fold in whipped topping; spoon into crust. Chill until ready to serve. If desired, garnish with mint leaves and lemon peel strips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Refreshing Lemon Pie in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1996, p5
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Refreshing Lemon Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2014
Easy, very refreshing, instead of graham cracker crust use a regular pie crust, add poppyseeds