Refreshing Lemon Cream
Fresh lemon juice provides the tangy flavor in this smooth, rich ice cream recipe from Sunkist. The refreshing make-ahead treat can be prepared without an ice cream maker and looks splendid and summery when served in individual cups made from lemon halves.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Lemon boats, optional
- Fresh mint and shredded lemon peel, optional
- In a bowl, stir cream and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Stir in
- lemon juice and peel (mixture will thicken slightly). Cover and
- freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes
- before serving. Serve in lemon boats or individual dishes. Garnish
- with mint and lemon peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: 1/2 cup mashed strawberries may be added to the lemon mixture before freezing.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 407 calories, 29 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.