- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the first 16 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with avocados. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Refreshing Gazpacho
Sort By :
Definitely a summer favorite. Maybe I am not savvy enough in the kitchen, but the veggies do take a bit longer to chop. I do use a hand stick blender and pulse a few times to reduce the veggies, creating a consistency just a few pulses away from a purée.
I love gazpacho and am always looking for recipes. This one was very good--very refreshing for dinner on a 98 degree day.. I used low sodium v8 juice (couldn't find low sodium tomato juice). I felt it maybe lacked a little zing--next time will use the spicy V8 juice or add some hot sauce. Also, it might be interesting to throw the soup in a blender--not for long, just enough to slightly reduce the size of the chopped vegetables (maybe I didn't chop mine finely enough??)
This is very similar to a Shrimp Cocktail I get frequently at a local Mexican restaurant. I think boiled shrimp added to this would be delicious!
This looked so interesting to me but my husband wasn't sure how he'd like "cold soup". I loved it! My husband had 2 helpings that night and again for lunch the next day. It was so refreshing... really! Loved it! Will definitely make it again!