Refreshing Fruit Salad
I keep cans of fruit in the refrigerator so they'll be cold whenever we want to be refreshed with this salad. My husband loves it. With a touch of mustard added, the dressing is also good over a green salad.
-Annette Hemsath, Sutherlin, Oregon
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup halved seedless grapes
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, optional
- In a serving bowl, combine the fruit. In another bowl, combine the
- mayonnaise, sour cream and honey. Pour over fruit and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, stir in walnuts and coconut if desired. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 541 calories, 30 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.