Refreshing Cranberry Sherbet Recipe
Heavy holiday dinners call for a refreshing dessert such as this colorful sherbet. Lemonade and orange juice a pleasant citrus taste.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 cups water
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine cranberries and water. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in sugar until dissolved.
- 2. Transfer cranberry mixture to a food processor. Add the lemonade concentrate, orange juice concentrate, milk, lemon juice and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
1/2 cup: 179 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Refreshing Cranberry Sherbet
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC