- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/8 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, bring cranberries and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, over medium heat until the berries pop. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, strain cranberries through a food mill into a large bowl, discard seeds and skin. Add the sugar, orange juice, lemon juice and softened gelatin; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in cream. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. Yield: 7 cups.
Originally published as Cranberry Ice in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p16
Reviews for Refreshing Cranberry Ice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review