Refreshing Citrus Iced Tea Recipe
I found this refreshing iced tea recipe in a 1932 women's magazine that my grandmother had. The lime adds a nice accent flavor.—Amanda Briggs, Greenfield, Wisconsin
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each serving):
- 3/4 cup brewed tea
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; add juices and lime peel. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Strain syrup; refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 2 cups syrup (8 servings).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 76 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC