- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups white cranberry-peach juice drink, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and gelatin. Add 1 cup cranberry-peach juice; cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and remaining cranberry-peach juice.
- Place strawberries in an 8-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray; add 2 cups gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until set but not firm, about 30 minutes. Set aside remaining gelatin mixture.
- Stir blueberries into remaining gelatin mixture; spoon over strawberry layer. Refrigerate overnight. Unmold onto a serving platter.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Serve with gelatin. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Red-White-and-Blue Berry Delight
Sort By :
I want to amend my review... It turned out fine in the end. Still not sure what went wrong, but at this point it is more likely my fault. Will try and change/erase the stars when I figure out how.
I don't understand... I was so excited to make this and I followed the instructions to the letter. the gelatin never set up. After a couple hours I finally dumped all the fruit out, put the liquid back in the pan and tried adding more gelatin, and still never set up. If I try anything like this again I think I will just follow directions on the gelatin packet rather than the ones in this recipe.