- vinegar and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking
- powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Stir in cooled chocolate.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined
- baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on
- pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until
- fluffy. Beat in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread filling on bottom of half of the cookies; cover with
- remaining cookies.
- Drizzle with melted baking chips; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 whoopie pie equals 272 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.