These cookies are soft, chewy and taste as good as they sound. The first time I baked them, I took them to an aunt's yard sale. Now they’re my go-to for any special event. —Samantha Gstalder, Montoursville, PA
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk, food coloring and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in baking chips.
Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Red Velvet White Chip Cookies in Simple & Delicious August/September 2015
Reviews for Red Velvet White Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review