- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, butter, food coloring and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Bake in a preheated round Belgian waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and cinnamon until smooth; stir in pecans. In another bowl, combine the corn syrup, coconut and extract. Serve topping and syrup with waffles. Yield: 7 round waffles (1 cup topping and 2 cups syrup).
Originally published as Red Velvet Waffles with Coconut Syrup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p190
Reviews for Red Velvet Waffles with Coconut Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review