Red Velvet Pancakes Recipe
- 10 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 6 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- Butter and maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place 2 cups in each of five resealable plastic bags or containers. Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 5 batches (10 cups mix).
- To prepare pancakes: Pour mix into a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs and food coloring. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with butter and syrup. Yield: 16 pancakes per batch.
Reviews for Red Velvet Pancakes(4)
Sort By :
The portions are horrible. They turned out more chocolate then anything, but were too thick to make pancakes with.
These were delicious; the buttermilk makes all the difference. The batter was a bit thick when made to directions so I added 1/2 cup more buttermilk for pancakes. It made great waffles when mixed to directions. I also omitted the food coloring. But these would be fun with green dye for St Patrick's Day!
These were delicious, the buttermilk makes all the differeence. The batter was a bit thick when made to directions so I added 1/2 cup more buttermilk for pancakes. It made great waffles when mixed to directions. I also omitted the food coloring. but these would be fun with green dye for St Patrick's day!
This recipe just didn't work out for me. They didn't cook up well at all and I ended up pitching the entire batch. 2 tbsp of food coloring seemed a bit extreme and used much less.
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >