Red Velvet Heart Torte Recipe
I bake this scrumptious, fruit-topped layer cake every February 14 for my husband's birthday. The heart shape is really pretty for Valentine's Day. —Amy Freitag, Stanford, Illinois
- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 1 carton (6 ounces) raspberry yogurt
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup raspberry pie filling
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. heart-shaped baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine yogurt and confectioners' sugar; fold in whipped topping. Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with a fourth of the yogurt mixture. Repeat layers three times. Spread pie filling over the top to within 1 in. of edges. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 14 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC