- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 1 carton (6 ounces) raspberry yogurt
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup raspberry pie filling
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. heart-shaped baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt and confectioners' sugar; fold in whipped topping. Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with a fourth of the yogurt mixture. Repeat layers three times. Spread pie filling over the top to within 1 in. of edges. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Red Velvet Heart Torte
Sort By :
I haven't tried this recipe yet but for the simple fact it got 5 stars from other reviewers and 2 stars from one only because they don't sell red velvet cake mix in her grocers and would like the recipe, bringing the overall rating down I felt the need to offset the rating with annoying peoples ratings. To lindabrandon: DO NOT rate a recipe based on what's not available in your market or your lack of googling red velvet cake recipe and rating a recipe based on your laziness. That's not what the rating system is for. You make a recipe per the submitters instructions and rate it based on your experience. What's so hard about that?????
I modified it a little bit. I used fat free frozen whipped topping. Otherwise I left everything the same. It was very delicious. I would definitly make it again. The only problem is there is no nutritional value and calories there. I figured out, that my version has 269 calories, and 11.4g of fat.
I made this cake for a church bake sale. Local stores did not carry raspberry pie filling. I changed everything raspberry to strawberry. Not hard to make. Beautiful on the table. Filling is quite tasty.
I made this in round pans and it turned out perfectly! I brought it to school to share with my lunch bunch and everyone raved and asked for the recipe. A full-fledged hit!
This recipe sounds good but I have never seen a red velvet cake mix in my stores here in WA. I would love a recipe for red velvet cake.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Raspberry Cakes >
- Raspberry Recipes >