- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons red paste food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vinegar, food coloring and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chips. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until tops are cracked and edges are set. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p166
Reviews for Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review