Red Velvet Crepe Cakes Recipe
- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 2-3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each ) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fresh blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, flour, eggs, egg yolks, butter and vanilla; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 1/4 cup batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and salt until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- 4. To assemble two crepe cakes, place one crepe on each of two cake plates. Spread each with one rounded tablespoon frosting to within 1/2 in. of edges. Repeat layers until all crepes are used. Spread remaining frosting over tops and sides of crepe cakes. Garnish with blueberries. Yield: 2 crepe cakes (8 servings each).
1 slice equals 812 calories, 33 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 125 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Red Velvet Crepe Cakes
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.