- baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with
- buttermilk. Stir in vanilla and vinegar.
- Pour into two waxed paper-lined 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center
- comes out clean.
- For frosting, whisk together milk and flour in a saucepan. Cook,
- stirring constantly, until thick (like paste), about 5 minutes.
- Cool. Place in a bowl with remaining ingredients. Beat at high speed
- until consistency of whipped cream. Frost one cake layer; top with
- second layer and frost entire cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 542 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.