Red Velvet Cake Bites Recipe
Everyone loves red velvet, but any cake mix can work. I've rolled chopped macadamia nuts into pineapple cake and dipped them in white chocolate. Whatever you do, have fun! —Anne Powers, Munford, Alabama
- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1 pound each white, milk chocolate and dark chocolate candy coating
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool completely.
- 2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting; beat well. Refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle. Shape into 1-in. balls; transfer to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 3. In a microwave, melt white candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip 20 cake balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheets; let stand until set. Repeat with milk chocolate and dark chocolate coatings and remaining cake balls. Store in airtight containers.
- 4. Freeze option: Freeze uncoated cake balls in freezer containers, layered between waxed paper. To use, thaw in covered containers. Dip in coatings as directed. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 cake ball equals 206 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC