Red Snapper with Veggies
Bursting with crisp, flavorful veggies, you'll be amazed that this dish, submitted by Carolyn Zimmerman of Fairbury, Illinois, was made entirely in the microwave.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons stir-fry sauce, divided
- 2 red snapper fillets (4 ounces each)
- Place the zucchini, carrot and onion in an 8-in.-square dish coated
- with cooking spray. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Brush 1 tablespoon stir-fry sauce over both sides of fillets. Spoon
- remaining sauce over vegetables; toss to coat. Place fish over
- vegetables. Cover and microwave on high 2-3 minutes longer or until
- fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fish fillet with 1/2 cup vegetables equals 166 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 857 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.