Red Snapper with Black Beans Recipe
Our Test Kitchen developed this appealing recipe that's ready to serve in less than 30 minutes. Before you scoot out the door, treat yourself to these mild, flaky fillets topped with spicy black beans.
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 to 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 red snapper or grouper fillets (8 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the beans, onion, 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, 1/8 teaspoon salt, dash pepper and pepper sauce. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine the flour and remaining salt and pepper. Dip fillets in flour mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat butter and remaining oil over medium heat. Cook fillets for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Top with black bean mixture; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 469 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 689mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 50g protein.
Reviews for Red Snapper with Black Beans
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC