- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 to 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 red snapper or grouper fillets (8 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, combine the beans, onion, 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, 1/8 teaspoon salt, dash pepper and pepper sauce. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine the flour and remaining salt and pepper. Dip fillets in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and remaining oil over medium heat. Cook fillets for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Top with black bean mixture; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Red Snapper with Black Beans in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p22
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Red Snapper with Black Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review