Red Snapper Vera Cruz Recipe
- VERA CRUZ SAUCE:
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 12 pitted green olives, cut in half
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 red snapper fillets (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, olives, jalapenos, capers, bay leaf, salt, oregano and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half. Remove from the heat; discard bay leaf. Keep warm.
- 2. Sprinkle fillets with lime juice, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Drain and discard lime juice. Coat fillets with flour, then dip in egg mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet, fry fillets in butter and oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Red Snapper Vera Cruz
"Ever hear of Master Cook 9 comes with a web import feature. You import what you want or need. Works on this site great."
"If I want to copy a recipe I don't need the contributers comments. I also don't need the nutritian facts unless I decide I need them. They souldn't be forced into the recipe. I need a recipe to look like a recipe."
"Oh well. There are lots of other places to get free recipes if you aren't interested in this EXCELLENT magazine."
"Too bad we can't view the recipe unless we sign up. I subscribe to a magazine already...I don't need anymore. :("
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.