Red Snapper for Two Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 2 red snapper fillets (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms and tomato; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in the wine, salt, basil, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-11 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- 2. Place fish in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1 fillet equals 297 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 43 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Red Snapper for Two
"Had to alter, only fresh tilapia filets available. Planned to serve with rice but only potatoes available so I sliced them thin and browned in a little oil in covered pan while I was reducing the recipe sauce. Put potatoes on top of sauce (which was on top of fish filets) and then cheese on top and followed the oven time. Result? Crispy, cheesy potato slices on top of a wonderful sauce (made according to recipe) on top of perfectly cooked fish. Fantastic flavors and textures! Will definitely try again following the recipe exactly - sauce is great! But I am also liking my potato add-on variation -- served with a great salad, it was a very satisfying, healthy meal. Got rave reviews."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.