Red Snapper for Two Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 2 red snapper fillets (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms and tomato; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in the wine, salt, basil, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-11 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- 2. Place fish in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1 fillet equals 297 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 43 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Red Snapper for Two
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.