Red River Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Cooked rice or noodles
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip beef in flour to coat. In a large skillet, brown beef in 1/4 cup butter in batches. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onions in remaining butter until crisp-tender. Return beef to pan. Add the broth, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Cook until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Red River Beef Stroganoff
Sort By :
"There was something straganoff-y missing, but overall very tasty. I recommend browning fresh mushrooms with the onions. Also, I added more worcestershire sauce and about 3 tbsp of soy sauce. It needed something more."
"Great winter time recipe, absolutely delicious."