Red Rice Recipe
This colorful rice dish really bursts with the taste of bacon. Plus, the hot pepper sauce really adds spice!
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups chopped seeded peeled fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup tomato juice or water
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels; drain; discard all but 2 tablespoons of drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add bacon and remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- 2. Spoon into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 210 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 734mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Red Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC