Red Raspberry Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups plus 1/2 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups sugar, tapioca and salt. Add raspberries and lime juice; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Brush with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°;bake 35-40 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 471 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.