- 1-1/2 cups plus 1/2 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups sugar, tapioca and salt. Add raspberries and lime juice; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Brush with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°;bake 35-40 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Red Raspberry Pie
Sort By :
Yum! Fresh berries were too expensive in the middle of winter, so I used 2 bags of frozen instead. Came out perfectly!
Recipe was perfect. Turned out great! To the reviewer who's pie was "soupy", maybe your tapioca was old or you didn't let it set long enough. Tapioca takes longer to set up than flour does.
I just made this pie to take to a dinner. Fresh berries were expensive. I baked 20 mins longer than recipe required and it is still soupy in the middle. The quantity of tapioca is not enough to thicken six cups of fresh juicy berries. I have always used flour but wanted to try something new. Big mistake!
The best Red Raspberry Pie I have ever had and I even substituted half the sugar with Splenda Granular.
This was the best Red Raspberry Pied I have ever had. I had even substituted half the sugar with Splenda Granular. I just made this pie last week and I am making it again while the berries are fresh!
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >