Red Raspberry Mousse Dessert
When I need a light and refreshing finish to a special meal, I make this fluffy, fruity mousse. Ladyfingers add an elegant look to this pretty dessert.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 23 ladyfingers
- Fresh mint, and raspberries and additional whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in
- raspberries. Refrigerate until partially thickened. Fold in whipped
- Arrange the ladyfingers with rounded side out around the sides of an
- ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Carefully spoon the raspberry
- mixture into pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Garnish with
- mint, raspberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without fresh mint, raspberries and additional whipped cream) equals 314 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.