Red Raspberry Creme Brulee Recipe
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry pie filling
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Coat six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray. Spoon a scant 3 tablespoons pie filling into the bottom of each ramekin; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, heat cream until bubbles form around sides of pan. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar. Remove cream from heat; stir a small amount of hot cream into egg mixture. Return all to pan, stirring constantly.
- 3. Pour into prepared ramekins. Place in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool 10 minutes. Spoon remaining pie filling over tops. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- 4. If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle custards with coarse sugar. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Serve immediately.
- 5. If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Sprinkle custards with coarse sugar. Broil 8 in. from heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 428 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 286mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Red Raspberry Creme Brulee
"I'm always looking for recipes that are easy to make sugar-free. This is one. I used homemade raspberry jam sweetened with Splenda along with Splenda for the sugar. It was great!"
"OMG, I made this tonight, and it was wonderful"