Red Raspberry Creme Brulee Recipe
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry pie filling
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Coat six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray. Spoon a scant 3 tablespoons pie filling into the bottom of each ramekin; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, heat cream until bubbles form around sides of pan. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar. Remove cream from heat; stir a small amount of hot cream into egg mixture. Return all to pan, stirring constantly.
- 3. Pour into prepared ramekins. Place in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool 10 minutes. Spoon remaining pie filling over tops. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- 4. If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle custards with coarse sugar. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Serve immediately.
- 5. If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Sprinkle custards with coarse sugar. Broil 8 in. from heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 428 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 286mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Red Raspberry Creme Brulee
"I'm always looking for recipes that are easy to make sugar-free. This is one. I used homemade raspberry jam sweetened with Splenda along with Splenda for the sugar. It was great!"
"OMG, I made this tonight, and it was wonderful"