Red Raspberry Creme Brulee Recipe
A "berry" enticing twist on traditional creme brulee, my rich, creamy dessert makes the perfect ending to a romantic meal or special occasion. —Barbara Hahn, Park Hills, Missouri
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry pie filling
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Coat six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray. Spoon a scant 3 tablespoons pie filling into the bottom of each ramekin; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream until bubbles form around sides of pan. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar. Remove cream from heat; stir a small amount of hot cream into egg mixture. Return all to pan, stirring constantly.
- Pour into prepared ramekins. Place in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool 10 minutes. Spoon remaining pie filling over tops. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle custards with coarse sugar. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Serve immediately.
- If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Sprinkle custards with coarse sugar. Broil 8 in. from heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Red Raspberry Creme Brulee in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p181
Reviews for Red Raspberry Creme Brulee(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2013
I'm always looking for recipes that are easy to make sugar-free. This is one. I used homemade raspberry jam sweetened with Splenda along with Splenda for the sugar. It was great!
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2013
OMG, I made this tonight, and it was wonderful
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Custard >
- Berry Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Creme Brulee Recipes >
- Custard Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >