Red Potatoes with Beans
You can serve this homey blend of fresh green beans, potato wedges and chopped red onion hot or cold. Either way, this easy side dish makes a pleasing accompaniment to Mom's meat loaf or almost any other meat.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 small red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Place the beans and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and
- microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with
- water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15
- minutes or until tender. Drain beans and potatoes; place in a bowl.
- Add onion and dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with fat-free Italian salad dressing) equals 49 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.