Red Potatoes with Beans Recipe
- 1-1/3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 small red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1. Place the beans and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain beans and potatoes; place in a bowl. Add onion and dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 49 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Red Potatoes with Beans
"Great dish by itself too."
"The Italian dressing pulls it all together!"
"Very good! I think it tastes better cold and eaten the next day. I make this often in the summer."
"Very good recipe! Complimented our steaks well. Thank you for sharing!"