You can serve this homey blend of fresh green beans, potato wedges and chopped red onion hot or cold. Either way, this easy side dish makes a pleasing accompaniment to Mom's meat loaf or almost any other meat. -Daria Burcar Rochester, Michigan
Recommended: 51 Cozy Slow Cooker Soups
- 1-1/3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 small red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Place the beans and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain beans and potatoes; place in a bowl. Add onion and dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Red Potatoes with Beans in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p36
Reviews for Red Potatoes with Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2014
"Great dish by itself too."
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2013
"The Italian dressing pulls it all together!"
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2011
"Very good! I think it tastes better cold and eaten the next day. I make this often in the summer."
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2009
"Very good recipe! Complimented our steaks well. Thank you for sharing!"