Red Potato Skewers Recipe
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1. Place the potatoes and water in an ungreased microwave-safe 2-qt. dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until almost tender, stirring once; drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Drain, reserving mayonnaise mixture. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread potatoes.
- 3. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side, brushing occasionally with reserved mayonnaise mixture or until potatoes are tender and golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-sodium chicken broth and reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 167 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.