Red Potato Skewers
As a busy mother of three boys, I love to find good grilling recipes that my husband can use. A seasoned mayonnaise mixture keeps these quartered potatoes moist and heavenly. —Dawn Finch, Prosser, Washington
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Place the potatoes and water in an ungreased microwave-safe 2-qt.
- dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until almost
- tender, stirring once; drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining
- ingredients; add potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain, reserving mayonnaise mixture. On six metal or soaked wooden
- skewers, thread potatoes.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side,
- brushing occasionally with reserved mayonnaise mixture or until
- potatoes are tender and golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-sodium chicken broth and reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 167 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.