Red Potato Salad with Smoked Salmon Recipe
When you serve this creamy potato salad your guests will be delighted with the add flavor that the smoked salmon lends to it. You can also use smoked trout in place of the salmon.—Mary Ann Lee, Clifton Park, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + chilling YIELD:10 servings
- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces smoked salmon or lox
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut into 3/4-in. cubes. In a large bowl, combine the onion, celery and potatoes.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; add to potato mixture and toss to coat. Stir in salmon. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, gently mix in arugula. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 210 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 1,063 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC