Red Potato Salad Recipe
"I REMEMBER digging small red potatoes from the soft warm soil, then gently pushing the plants back into the ground and reminding them to keep on making more potatoes. The new potatoes we brought home were either creamed with peas or made into this fresh salad."
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons herb or white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 6 medium red potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled, cooked and cubed
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 to 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, Miracle Whip, vinegar, salt and celery seed; set aside. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, green onions, radishes, celery and eggs. Add Miracle Whip and toss lightly. Cover and chill. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Red Potato Salad in Reminisce Extra August 1993, p47
Reviews for Red Potato Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2008
delicious recipe! I didnt have any onions or radishes, but used green and red peppers. I also added some cumin and 5 hard boiled eggs. it turned out wonderful!