Red Potato Bundles Recipe
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1. Place the potatoes, onion and garlic on two pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square); top with rosemary, salt, pepper and cheese. Drizzle with oil. Fold in edges of foil and seal tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Carefully open foil to allow steam to escape. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 390 calories, 29 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 694 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Red Potato Bundles
"Awesome recipe - for when you are tired of roasted/boiled/mashed potatoes!I did them in the oven, didn't use that much olive oil, no parmesan (didn't have any) and baked them for 45 minutes at 350. Before serving I removed the sprigs of rosemary.Deeeelish!"
"I made in the oven and it turned out really good. This is a keeper"
"A lot of good ideas in the comments posted. If you want just omit the salt. I would use Mrs. Dash Table Blend instead of salt."
"I don't remember what the sodium content of a 1/2 tsp of salt is, but its significant. Leave out the salt - the other ingredients will add enough flavor and cut down on the day's sodium consumption.LAG"
"i've done this in the oven...use the foil. i always kris kross the foil and put the potatoes in the center where its the strongest."
"Giladett...Did you just put them in a uncovered pan in the oven, or did you use the tinfoil packet method in the oven. That sounds great...especially the less calorie part. Thanks."
"I cut up red potatoes,add 1 to 2 tasblespoons olive oil, garlic salt, pepper,sprinkle with rosemary put them in a 425 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes stirring once. They brown nicely and have less calories."
"Too high in fat for potatoes. What if you eliminate the 1/4 cup of oil for a quick oil spray?"
"Shouldn't be too hard..Set the oven to 350 and bake for an hour. Or you could set it at 425, bake for half an hour, Open the packets and bake for another 5-10 minutes to brown them. Just put them on an ungreased cookie sheet. They can be prepared as written."
"The main page says these packets can be baked - instructions for baking?"