- 5 pounds medium red potatoes, halved
- 5 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large kettle; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into 3/4-in. cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Yield: 17 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Red Potato and Egg Salad
Sort By :
"This is Great............a new staple at our house. Even taste better the next day."
"Oops! Forgot to rate it."
"Very good! My husband said he hoped I saved the recipe so that I could make it again!"
"I think my mother-in-law makes a mean potato salad. But I made this recipe for July 4th, and I got great ravings from my harshest critics......my kids! This recipe is potato salad perfection!"
"Quick because you don't have to peel. We love it without waiting overnight.,"