Red Potato and Egg Salad Recipe
Red potatoes dress up this flavorful salad from Margaret Blomquist of Newfield, New York. Served in a red hat, the salad takes on personality.
- 5 pounds medium red potatoes, halved
- 5 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large kettle; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into 3/4-in. cubes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Yield: 17 servings (3/4 cup each).
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 276 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Red Potato and Egg Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC