Red Potato and Egg Salad Recipe
- 5 pounds medium red potatoes, halved
- 5 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large kettle; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into 3/4-in. cubes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Yield: 17 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 276 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Red Potato and Egg Salad
"This is Great............a new staple at our house. Even taste better the next day."
"Oops! Forgot to rate it."
"Very good! My husband said he hoped I saved the recipe so that I could make it again!"
"I think my mother-in-law makes a mean potato salad. But I made this recipe for July 4th, and I got great ravings from my harshest critics......my kids! This recipe is potato salad perfection!"
"Quick because you don't have to peel. We love it without waiting overnight.,"
"I love this recipe...I make it a least once a month....The added flavor of relish really gives it a nice taste."