Red Pepper Shrimp Bisque Recipe
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cooked shrimp (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring broth and roasted peppers to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- 2. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return to the saucepan. Add sugar and paprika; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp, cream, 2 tablespoons cheese, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with remaining cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 400 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 224mg cholesterol, 1284mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 24g protein
Reviews for Red Pepper Shrimp Bisque
"Oh my! This recipe was off the charts! I didn't have any chicken broth, so I used half of one of those Knorr vegetable cubes dissolved in hot water. I used half and half cream instead of whipping cream, to cut down the calories a bit. I served this with slices of toasted olive bread, and a brownie for dessert. This is my favorite soup ever. Restaurant quality! Thank you!"
"I loved this soup. I didn't have any paprika in the house so I used cayenne pepper. Still very good. Thanks for sharing."