Red Pepper Shrimp Bisque
"Here's a soup that goes nicely with a steak and salad," comments Stephanie Buttars of Phoenix, Arizona.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cooked shrimp (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and roasted peppers to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat
- and cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return to the
- saucepan. Add sugar and paprika; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp, cream, 2
- tablespoons cheese, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with remaining
- cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 400 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 224 mg cholesterol, 1,284 mg sodium,