Red Pepper Shrimp Bisque Recipe
"Here's a soup that goes nicely with a steak and salad," comments Stephanie Buttars of Phoenix, Arizona.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cooked shrimp (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring broth and roasted peppers to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- 2. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return to the saucepan. Add sugar and paprika; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp, cream, 2 tablespoons cheese, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with remaining cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 400 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 224 mg cholesterol, 1,284 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC