Red Pepper Salad with Parsley Dressing Recipe
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn Boston lettuce
- 2 cups watercress, stems removed
- 3-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first eight ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate until serving.
- 2. In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce and watercress. Toss the mushrooms with lemon juice; add to greens. Top with red peppers. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 116 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.