Red Pepper Salad with Parsley Dressing Recipe
A tangy sour cream dressing tops this colorful combination of veggies. "I get rave reviews whenever I serve this crunchy salad," relates Mary-Lynne Mason of Janesville, Wisconsin.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn Boston lettuce
- 2 cups watercress, stems removed
- 3-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first eight ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce and watercress. Toss the mushrooms with lemon juice; add to greens. Top with red peppers. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Red Pepper Salad with Parsley Dressing in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p23
Reviews for Red Pepper Salad with Parsley Dressing(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review